Email To SMS Service
Send text alerts, appointment reminders and SMS confirmation messages
With TextMagic, sending a text from an email address is simple, efficient, and reliable. We simply convert your email into a text message and deliver it, with all replies then arriving as emails.
How it works
Just address an email to the phone number you want to text followed by @textmagic.com and click send. We will then process your email and deliver it as an SMS within seconds. Any software package that sends emails can send texts through this service – there is no need for costly integration.
|SUBJECT:||Write your message subject here|
|BODY:||Write the body of your message here. Both subject and body will be sent as SMS.|
Email to SMS features
- Send to multiple recipients – You can send messages to multiple recipients by separating the numbers with a comma, just as you would a normal email. You can also send the message to regular email addresses at the same time.
- Typical signatures and footers removed – Normally there is no need to send email signatures and footers in the SMS. TextMagic takes care of that and removes unnecessary content automatically.
- Receive SMS replies as emails – All replies will arrive as emails. This way you can have a conversation directly through email.
- Monitor your sent messages – You can access your sent message history and delivery rates on the TextMagic website.
- Grant access to the whole company – You can give your entire team access to email to SMS and share your account credit. Simply add email addresses in your settings control panel and they will have complete access.
- Developer-friendly solutions – Email to SMS is probably the easiest way to add SMS send/receive functions to your software. Just prepare the email in your chosen programming lanugage, address it to email@example.com, and you're done.
- Time your messages – By default, you can send messages 24 hours per day. But it may be wise to hold your messages at night. If you hold them back between 22:00 – 08:00, they will then be delivered immediately after 08:00. You can change this setting in the email to SMS control panel.
- Send messages in all languages – You can send messages in Arabic, Greek, Cyrillic and Asian character sets without worrying about conversion.
Here are just a few ways that business owners are using our email to SMS service:
- Appointment reminders – Send texts to remind customers about appointments for haircuts, dental check-ups etc.
- Small loan notifications – Send reminders to customers when loan applications have been accepted or when payments are due.
- Insurance policy renewal reminders – You can send SMS reminders to customers whose insurance policies are about to expire and need to renew.
- Website and hardware monitoring alerts – When something breaks at 2 a.m. and an email alert is unlikely to get through, use a text alert to wake your IT team.
- Booking confirmations – Booking software can be SMS enabled to notify staff of new hotel reservations.
- Satisfaction surveys – You can boost survey feedback by switching from email to SMS. The average response rate to a business SMS is 15-30% - way above email.
- Important updates – Vital information has to travel fast, making an SMS the most effective way to send it and make sure it is actually read.
- Password confirmations – It is much safer to send a password reminder directly to a customer's phone than their email inbox.
- Last-minute offers – When the clock is ticking, you cannot afford to wait until people read emails. An SMS will be read quickly, meaning you'll get a much better response rate.
- Debt collection – Double your response rate and save time by contacting your users by text.
Learn how to do it with this handy video or simply get in touch if you have any questions.