Inbound numbers and Sender IDs
Receive text message replies with our inbound messaging tools
Two-way text messaging is simple with TextMagic´s dedicated and shared reply numbers, allowing you to offer a more streamlined customer service by implementing text message communication into your business processes. When people text you they just pay their normal texting costs – there are no additional costs.
Dedicated SMS inbound numbers
With a dedicated number for your business you will be able to receive text messages from anyone. Your subscribers can save your number and text you whenever they like.
- Customers can text your company at any time – Dedicated numbers make it possible to receive texts from unknown subscribers and all messages are immediately forwarded to your TextMagic inbox, your email address, or submitted to your application via API
- Promote your number – Having a dedicated text number is a fantastic promotional device. You can publicise it in marketing materials or on your website. For example, you can use it in promotional competitions for quick text answers, or simply for potential customers to provide contact details
- Local numbers – TextMagic provides dedicated text-only numbers in many countries. We currently cover the UK, Sweden, Germany, Netherlands, Australia, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Italy, France and South Africa
- A competitive annual price – Numbers cost just £220 per year and are billed annually
Shared SMS reply numbers
TextMagic's standard reply numbers are provided completely free of charge and are shared between our clients.
- Get free replies to your text messages – After you have signed-up for TextMagic we automatically assign a shared reply number to your account, which allows anyone that has received your texts to respond directly. This way you can get replies to texts you send out to subscribers
- A great way to interact – Shared numbers allow you to have a two-way text conversation with anyone that replies directly to your text messages. However, if you need to get messages from anyone – whether you have texted them or not – then please consider a dedicated number (as above)
Use a sender ID for better branding
Some companies prefer to use Sender ID that displays their organisation's name as a sender. This makes it great for branding although it does mean that recipients cannot reply or opt-out from your list via the STOP reply, so make sure you bear this in mind.
Text replies to your own mobile
When sending texts via TextMagic you can also display your own mobile phone number and get replies back to your personal phone. Handy if you are sending texts to employees or you have a very small customer base.
TextMagic does not offer short codes or keywords as reply options. Why? Because we think it is simpler and easier to use normal long numbers for two-way text messaging, also short codes and keywords won't work when your customers are trying to text from outside their own country.
If you have any queries about our two-way text services then please get in touch and we'll be happy to help.